Courses and Certifications
- SAIT offers an Information and Records Management Certificate (online or in person) and a two-year Library Information Technology diploma that includes records courses.
- Chinook Learning Services offers an in-person Records Management Certificate of Recognition.
- ARMA offers a variety of Certificate Programs online.
- ARMA International offers certification as an Information Governance Professional.
- UofC has just started offering a Certificate in Document Management
- U of A offers an online MLIS and a MA/MLIS in Digital Humanities. This is the only program of its kind in Alberta.
Certified Records Manager (CRM)
The Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) administers the CRM and CRA programs. CRM/CRA are the internationally recognized designations for records managers. Obtaining the CRM/CRA designation requires at least a Grade 12 education, at least one to two years of professional work experience, acceptance as a candidate and then passing the required 6 exams. The Calgary Chapter has an ICRM Liaison to assist candidates and potential candidates in the process including books available for loan. For those in the process of writing, and for those thinking about pursuing the CRM/CRA designation, contact the ICRM liaison or to check out the ARMA Calgary CRM blog.
Contact the Chapter’s CRM Liaison
For more information from the information and records management community, take a look at these links we like.
Canadian RIM Resources
- ARMA Canada
- Association of Canadian Archivists
- Government of Alberta Information Management Site
- International Research on Permanent Authentic Records in Electronic Systems (InterPARES)
- Library and Archives Canada
- Standards Council of Canada
- Governance and Recordkeeping Around the World
- Association for Intelligent Information Management